Yon convenient inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yon convenient inn

All the games!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Curt Felhcrest background

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Denerick99

Denerick99

Curt Felhcrest background Empty
PostSubject: Curt Felhcrest background   Curt Felhcrest background Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 7:22 am

Curt Fehlcrest’s dark background

My character comes from Merchant lord family, from the city of Ravensbrook, where my family owns hundreds of acres of Timber and Farm land.  
Our family is one of the founding families of Ravensbrook, our forefather owning a small transportation caravan named the Phoenix Company (named after his squad in the Army) started by him and his brother and few retired war veterans.  The company grew, purchased land to work, built warehouses and secured trade lines and developed roads to Ravensbrook while the town expanded.  This continued for generations.
Until Curt’s Great Grandfather.  Malrick Fehlcrest was a powerful and intelligent man, and an accomplished business man, garnering the family great wealth.  But he had a secret, a dark and evil side to himself.
Malrick Fehlcrest was Blood Mage and dark conjourer.  Malrick loved to inflict pain on the weak, feast upon blood and souls alike, and eventually planned to enslave the city of Ravensbrook.
Malrick was eventually killed by a Paladin named Jusineous Albright.  Since most of the crimes were committed in the capitol city, and that Malrick was never brought to trial, the family was mercifully spared the worst of punishments.  The Fehlcrest family was allowed to keep their native home and lands in Ravensbrook, and the Phoenix Company, but striped of all other estates and treasures.
The family has struggled since, but has kept up their reputation of a fair and hardworking family of merchants, still employing caravans, storage warehouses, farmers and loggers alike in and around Ravensbrook.  But the family has been pretty much ex-communicated from the nobles court and even the Guild Circles, having little to no influence on kingdom and local politics.
What many people do not know about the Fehlcrest family is that they are also cursed.
Malrick’s seed was tainted during his time as a Blood mage and a demon summoner, and that taint has translated into a blood curse that only seems to affect the direct male heirs of Malrick himself.  Each Male member of the family seems to inherit a piece of Malrick’s Blood magic abilities.
My grandfather Anclar, Malrick’s first and only son, could literally make a person’s blood boil when he was angry enough.
My Father Leonard was inflicted with Blood Rage, when he grew angry he would become as strong as an ogre, and go into a bezerking rage.  My uncle Ashen on the other hand learned that his blood could charm others when ingested or applied to another’s skin.  He literally made blood wine, and fed it to others to “charm” them and influence them.
Father’s curse was controlled by my mother, Annabella, and her mastery of herbalism.  Later, she was able to control Curt’s curse and my brother Devin’s curses as well.
Before Father killed her that is.
My character’s curse is Blood Vision.  I am cursed with visions of past victims of my Great Grandfather’s crimes, seeing their last days through their eyes.  A side effect is that I weep blood.
My brother is worse.  He needs to feed on blood once a month or he goes mad with hunger.
I have 3 sisters, Claire, Cassandra and Celina.  All, as far as I know, clear of the curse.
I left the family at an early age to apprentice as a Surgeon’s assistance, a cold hearted man named Melkirk Greystone was my mentor.  The family secretly wanted me to find a cure for our curse.
Instead, I found my true calling instead.  As a student of the god of healing, Mitra.  My mentor was a old crusty angry Teacher, one that was looking more for a slave than a student.  But he taught me enough to make me understand that I truly wanted to become a Surgeon.  But I wasn’t going to be able to under his oppressive thumb.  Also, he knew the truth about my Blood Curse, and told my character the truth about it.  Between that and the cursed vision a got randomly, I denounced my family name and joined the church of Mitra.
For years I was happy, content, and made a difference in peoples lives.
But then my mother was murdered, apparently during one of my father’s Blood Rages.  And so my sisters begged me to return home, and start treating Father myself.
I did so, but I discovered after many month was that my Father didn’t need to be treated anymore.  He has somehow learned to control his rage mentally, and could summon it at will.  He had become darker, colder and more manipulative than he had been in the past.
I tried to conspire with my Sisters, convienced my father had been corrupted somehow, to seize control of the household from him, pleading that he was slowly turning into Malrick.
They did not believe me.  Nor did my brother Devin.  And at that time, I learned my brother was slowly changing also.  Into a Vampire, a creature spoke of in old lore.
I did what any spoiled, arrogant young doctor does.
I fled the estate.  I fled the church, and I ran away from Ravensbrook, abandoning everything and everyone.
And I swore to myself that I would return one day, and purge the city of all evil inside of it.

Part 1: The Basics

What is your full name? – Curtis Ashen Felhcrest

Where and when were you born? I am 25 years old and was born in my families large estates in the city of Ravensbrook.

Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.) My father is Leonard Fehlcrest and is Merchant lord of the Phoenix Company.  My mother Annabella is dead, 2 years ago.  My father was once a passonite and loving man, now is possibly possessed or turning into a monster.

Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?  3 sisters, Claire, Cassandra and Celine, all invested their full time into the family businesses.  My younger brother though is a mooch and possibly turning into a Vampire.

Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.  I curtly travel the road as a wondering servant of Mitra, God of healing.

What is your occupation? Healer.  Priest.

Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.  I am tall and athletic, lean muscled.  I have curly brown hair that is of medium length and brown eyes.  My skin is pale and I dress in simple traveling clothing.

To which social class do you belong? Once I was a noble’s son, but now I’m kinda homeless.

Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? I am cursed with Blood Visions.  Randomly I am struck with visions of past victims from my Great Grandfather’s crimes.  I also weep blood.

Are you right- or left-handed? Right handed.

What does your voice sound like?  Condenseding and brooding

What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?  You are wrong.

What do you have in your pockets? – nothing

Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? – I have that arrogance of a noble plus being a skilled medical student.

Part 2: Growing Up

How would you describe your childhood in general?  - really good up until recent events

What is your earliest memory? – playing with Mother.

How much schooling have you had? – More than average, studing to be a Surgeon and also a follower of Mitra

Did you enjoy school? – yes, its what I really excel at

Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? – Between my Surgeon mentor Melkirk and the priest at the church of Mitra

While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them. My mom, who seemed so calm and wise.

While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?  Great, my sisters are older than me and my brother younger

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor and herblist like my mother

As a child, what were your favorite activities? – Soccor and swimming
Back to top Go down

Curt Felhcrest background
Page 1 of 1