Yon convenient inn

All the games!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Interlude part 1, after the collaspe of the Caves of Chaos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Denerick99

PostSubject: Interlude part 1, after the collaspe of the Caves of Chaos   Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:55 am

Dera'thrik smelled the intruder before he could open his eyes to view his chamber. The intruder had a subtle smell, a slight whiff of decay, gore and offal. Just a hint, but enough to know that the intruder was actually a messenger, a harbinger of his master.

Slowly the massive Dragon moved, slide and glided around the massive ancient oak roots that protruded from the ceiling of his massive home chamber. Massive muscles under his emerald green scales rolled, stretched and bulged after being asleep for so long. It was only recently when his Dream ended. And with the end of his Dream, Dera'thrik knew he would be contacted about his failure.

A gnawing fear grew in Dera'thrik's belly, a worry about the consquences of his failure. How was he, Dera'thrik the great Plaguewing of the Shattered North, know that his pet Medusa would be slain so easily? Born along with the fear was also anger and annoyance at the losses of his gnoll and bugbear slaves, given freely to his Master's chosen, Allacorn the Blind.

Dera'thrik had invested deeply to this endeavor, only to loose more than half of his forces and his favorite pet. And now the Master's messenger seeks to intrude in his home? Arrogant!

Spurred quickly now, to receive this messenger properly, and to impress it with all of his presence and power, Dera'thrik's long lean draconic body glides effortlessly to the far end of his chamber below the Twisted White Oak. Sitting on his haunches ontop of his treasure horde mound, the mighty green dragon coiled himself tightly, arching his back high to the ceiling while unfolding his long leatherly wings outwards. Dera'thrik pulled his reptilian lips back in his biggest, toothiest grin. Bile and poison gurgled in his guts, causing noxious green fumes to escape the Dragon's nostrils.

Dera'thrik only had to wait for a moment before the thin black cloaked humanoid figure entered the Dragon's lair. As quick as a striking cobra, Dera'thrik whips his large serpent head down to eye level with the hooded figure, a deep, gurgling and rumbling growl emanating from the back of dragon's long throat.

The messenger stands silently, impasse.

A moment ticks by, while tension gathers in Dera'thrik. Fear and pride mingle in Dera'thrik's lizard brain, and in a moment of defiance, lets a mighty roar escape his powerful maw, enveloping the messenger in spit and poison gases.

Again, no reaction comes from the small messenger. His or her's garb of blacks and grey's cover its frame, giving no indication of race, sex or true size.

Another moment ticks by. The emerald dragon has a moment of panic, as he is uncertain on how to proceed. A overwhelming urge to eat the humanoid floods Dera'thrik's mind, and the dragon crashes down from his position to be on all four of his legs, his mouth racing forward toward his unmoving prey.

At that moment, the messenger raises a single gloved hand. A sound rolls into the chamber, viberating the whole lair with its deep bass sound.

"Do not dare attack my voice, Dera'thrik. I do not have the patience to find another." This out hestitation, the green dragon stop, just a single short foot away from the figure.

"your Medusa failed to enthrall the elven princess, Dera'thrik. This is not good. She was needed to break the seal on my prison."

Dera'thrik's own deep voice responded, "yes my lord, but not all is lost. The medusa, realizing that her torture was not working, employed a powerful Spirit Wyrm to break her will. Even Ulyannis Two Moons cannot withstand a Spirit Wyrm. Its but a matter of time. I have dispatched some of my best slaves to retrieve her from these......Adventurers."

"This is good to hear, Dera'thrik. Time is slipping away, and the events leading to the New War are playing out. We cannot afford to be delayed, The Court of the Giants is in session now, and they will soon learn of HER death. That is break the old King's mind for certain. Be ready my son, the other council members are being freed as we speak. They will gather soon, with Tiamat's blessing."

"yes father......I will not fail this time. War is coming, and I shall be ready........and so shall you, Father."

Player: I set off the trap with my glaive.
DM: A massive Girallon appears bellowing in your face while he charges. *rolls a pair of 20 dice* Double 20's!! *rolls more dice* Umm........hmmmm.....well.........
Player: What?
DM: Well, apparently this Girallon is related to Chewbacca. The monster tears off both your arms and beats your character to death with is own arms.
Player Fuck you Kyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Interlude part 1, after the collaspe of the Caves of Chaos
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1