Yon convenient inn

All the games!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Revised House rules for 5e

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Denerick99

PostSubject: Revised House rules for 5e   Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:47 pm

VARIANT RULES FOR THE NEW WORLD V3.0

Game mechanics:
• During character creation, the player has 3 choices for ability rolls:
1) Roll 4d6 and drop the lowest number. No re-roll. These scores can be put into any order. 1 full scratch per player per character.
2) Roll 3d6 in order of abilities, 1 re-roll is allowed. 1 full scratch per player per character.
3) Player uses the 27 point ability buy system in the player handbook. No scratch or re-roll.

Healer’s Kit Dependency[b]: A character can’t spend any Hit Dice after finishing a short rest until someone expends one use of a healer’s kit to bandage and treat the character’s wounds. (DMG pg. 266)

• Climb onto a Bigger Creature action can be used (DMG pg. 271)

• Mark action can be used by melee combatenees. (DMG pg. 271)

• Disarm action can be used (DMG pg. 271)

• Overrun action can be used (DMG pg. 272)

• Shove Aside action can be used (DMG pg. 272)

• Tumble action can be used (DMG pg. 272)

• Injuries/conditions/item breakage will be used at DM’s discretion for critical hits….

• Injuries/conditions/item breakage will be used at DM’s discretion for critical failures….

• Identify spell will be added to the Sorcerer’s 1st level spell list

• Magical item identification will require Identify spell

• Morale will be used at DM’s discretion

• I will be trying to remember to use inspiration points

• Player’s Guide to the Sword Coast will not be used in this world

• Everything in Xanathar’s Guide to Everything is allowed in this world

• Void Hunter and Boundry Warden are being reworked from Backgrounds to Faction a player character can join.

• Downtime activities will be encouraged as some treasure and XP can be used/achieved during that time with good roleplaying

• Spell and Ritual components will need to be purchased/gathered/harvested and tracked like ammunition.

• Head shots kill Zombie’s instantly. Player must announce they are using a “called shot to the head” and roll the attack with disadvantage. If the attack is successful, the zombie is killed.

• Sight and Gaze attacks - a player can in fact advert his eyes away from a monster with a Gaze attack. If that character wishes to attack the monster though, will gain the status of Blinded.

• New Feat Cleave: Prerequisite: Str: 15
When your melee attack reduces a creatures HP to 0, any excess damage from that attack will carry over to an adjacent monster. The attacker targets another creature within reach and if the original attack roll can hit it, applies any remaining damage to it. The number of targets you can hit this way is determined by your proficiency bonus. Example, Rael swings his longsword at 3 goblins with 5 HP each. If he did 15 pts of damage in 1 strike he would be able to kill all 3 goblins at 1st level.
• Increase your strength or constitution by +1 to a maximum of 20.
• Gain advantage with Intimidation skill when you have more Hit Dice than your opponent

NEW ITEMS:
Weapon and Armor quality cannot be stack, a single property per item. But it can be stacked with an exotic material. All magical weapons and Armor must be Masterwork Superior before being enchanted. The enchantment is not stacked with the Quality bonus, but is incorporated. A masterwork superior longsword enchanted to be a longsword +1 only gives a bonus +1 to hit and damage not +2 to hit and +1 to damage.

Weapon quality:

Masterwork Superior – adds +1 to hit, Cost +500 gp

Masterwork Balance – adds +1 to initiative, cost +250 gp

Masterwork Keen edge – weapon crits on a natural roll of 19 or 20, cost +450 gp

Masterwork Momentum –2 handed blunt weapons, minimum Str – 16, add +1 to damage and 25% chance to knock prone (in other words roll percentage dice, if success, roll STR based contest with opponent to knock prone) cost +500 gp

Armor quality:

Masterwork Fitting (Light armor only) – adds +1 to AC for Light Armor, ½ less weight, cost +500 gp

Masterwork Fitting (Medium armor only) – adds +1 to Dex mod bonus, 1/3rd less weight, cost +500 gp

Masterwork Fitting (Heavy Armor only) – adds Dex mod bonus (+1 max) to armor, ¼ less weight, cost +650 gp

Masterwork Shadow armor – removes disadvantage from armor, dyed black, cost +250 gp

Masterwork Reinforcement (Medium armor only) – adds +1 to AC and 5 ibs to weight of armor, cost +500 gp

Masterwork Reinforcement (Heavy Armor only) – adds +1 to AC and 7 ibs to weight of armor, cost +750 gp

Masterwork Reinforcement (Shield only) – adds +1 to AC and 2 ibs to weight of shield, cost +200 gp

Item quality –
Master craftsman tools/kit/instrument – when using a master craftsman tool/kit/instrument, gain advantage also to your skill roll, +100 gp to cost

Masterwork Vehicle – gain ½ again as much weight capacity and travel speed, +1500 gp to cost

Unique Mount – a legendary breed and stock of animal that gains ½ again as much weight capacity and travel speed, +400 gp to cost

Blessed Holy Symbol – a uniquely crafted (usually with expensive metals or semi-precious stones) Holy symbol, blessed by a divine Ritual, the caster chooses at the beginning of the spell which effect they want. Either the caster gains +1 to spell hit or +1 to spell DC, cost +500 gp

Imbued Arcane Focus - a uniquely crafted (usually with expensive metals or semi-precious stones) Arcane Focus, Imbued with magic by an Arcane Ritual, the caster chooses at the beginning of the spell which effect they want. Either the caster gains +1 to spell hit or +1 to spell DC, cost +500 gp

Sacred Druidic Focus - a uniquely crafted (usually with expensive metals or semi-precious stones) Druidic focus, blessed by a divine Ritual, the caster chooses at the beginning of the spell which effect they want. Either the caster gains +1 to spell hit or +1 to spell DC, cost +500 gp

Unique raw materials:

Adamantine (medium & heavy metal-made armor only) – due to the ultra-hardness of this space (meteor) metal and also its rareness, armors crafted from this material gain the following properties. Gain resistance to all non-magical piercing and slashing damage (including natural claw and bite attacks unless the monster description and or DM says their attacks count as magical), cost +10,000 gp for medium armor, +15,000gp for heavy armor

Adamantine (shield) – gain 20% chance to avoid a critical hit damage. In other words cancel the additional damage from an opponent’s critical hit. Cost +2,000gp

Adamantine (weapon) - +1 to hit and +1 to damage whenever you have advantage against an opponent. Cost +3,000 gp

Ironwood (weapons & ammunition) – This thick rare type of wood is only found in the northern forests of the New World. Can only be crafted into natural wood weapons and ammunition, examples would be Quarterstaff, Short bow, arrows and nuanchuks. Weapons and ammunition crafted from Ironwood gain +1 to damage, but also gains 1/2 more weight. Ironwood Ammunition cannot stack bonus with an Ironwood bow. Cost +500 gp for weapons, +250 gp per 20 pcs.

Ironwood (Shield) – gain +1 to AC and 10 ibs to weight, stacks with Masterwork Reinforcement, cost for just material is +450 gp

Dragonhide (Padded, leather, studded leather, hide, scale mail, Ring mail and Splint armors only) – Depending on the color of the dragonhide you gain resistance to that color of dragon breath. In other words, Leather armor crafted with Red Dragonhide would imbue the wearer with resistance to Red Dragon breath. Druids are allowed to wear these armors if they have the right proficiency for it. Add +1,500 gp to cost

Dragonhide (Shield) – Dragonhide stretched over a shield imbues the wearer with advantage against saving throws of that type of dragon’s breath. In other words, a shield made from Blue Dragonhide would gain an advantage against Blue Dragon breath. Add +1000 gp to cost

Mithral (medium armor) – This rare and silvery armor is as strong as steel but only half the weight, treasured by elves and dwarves alike. For medium metal-made armors, increase the max Dex mod. Bonus by +1, and lose ½ the weight of the armor. +4,000 gp to cost

Mithral (Heavy armor) – For Heavy metal made armors, all strength based movement restrictment (so a strength 14 fighter can move full speed in Mithral Plate mail) and use your Dex mod. Bonus (max of +1) to AC. The weight of the armor is halved. +9,000 gp to cost

Mithral (metal-made weapons) – gain +1 to initiative and halve the weight of the weapon. If the weapon is a single hand, gain light property. +1,000 gp

Player: I set off the trap with my glaive.
DM: A massive Girallon appears bellowing in your face while he charges. *rolls a pair of 20 dice* Double 20's!! *rolls more dice* Umm........hmmmm.....well.........
Player: What?
DM: Well, apparently this Girallon is related to Chewbacca. The monster tears off both your arms and beats your character to death with is own arms.
Player Fuck you Kyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denerick99

PostSubject: Re: Revised House rules for 5e   Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:06 pm

XP bonuses will be given for:

Campaign/character milestones
quest completion
problem-solving
skill based challenges
Good role-playing

The bonuses will be given to the group and not individually.

DM: A massive Girallon appears bellowing in your face while he charges. *rolls a pair of 20 dice* Double 20's!! *rolls more dice* Umm........hmmmm.....well.........
DM: Well, apparently this Girallon is related to Chewbacca. The monster tears off both your arms and beats your character to death with is own arms.
Player Fuck you Kyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sindered

PostSubject: Re: Revised House rules for 5e   Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:07 am

Hey Kyle,

We talked about your house rules a bit at last night's Shadowrun game as a group!

I think everything looks good except I would highly suggest taking out anything that gives a bonus to hit or a bonus to AC.

That was the main point of group discussion.

Some good changes in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denerick99

PostSubject: Re: Revised House rules for 5e   Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:27 pm

okay, some suggestions -

substituting +1 to hit with something like "extra attack as a bonus action every other turn" like specializing used to give a back swingn (modified pricing)

or maybe advantage to hit once a round (modified pricing)

or having a 10 to 20% chance to counterattack/parry or advantage to call shots (negating the disadvantage)

Lastly - +1 ac would change to something like, +1 to Reflex/Str saving throws, or 10 to 20% chance to resist a physical damage type/ critical hit

Player Fuck you Kyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denerick99

PostSubject: Re: Revised House rules for 5e   Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:30 pm

Or another way to go, is to remove unique masterwork items/material from my game all together, I am open to that option as well

Player Fuck you Kyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sindered

PostSubject: Re: Revised House rules for 5e   Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:10 pm

I like your random ass masterwork stuff.

I don't see a problem with any of the options you mentioned.

Just seemed like bonuses to hit and AC caused issues with simple monsters like giants, because of the bounded accuracy thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denerick99

PostSubject: Re: Revised House rules for 5e   Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:07 pm

Okay, so I am currently re-working the Mastercrafted and Special material bonuses

Player Fuck you Kyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revised House rules for 5e   

Back to top Go down

Revised House rules for 5e
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yon convenient inn :: New world v.3.0 :: New world v.3.0-
Jump to: